Monday, 11 November 2013

p6, d1- evaluate interpersonal and written communications techniques

here is a link to my game pitch

things I needed to think about while doing my pitch:
below are some of the things I needed to consider while pitching my game. these are the things that i thought where most important to include in my game pitch.
  • use correct terminology
  • speak clearly
  • address the audience
  • talk about the target audience for your game
  • look professional

while I was doing my pitch I noticed a mixture of good and bad things. one of the good things I noticed while I was doing my pitch was that I did not use notes this made me seem more confident in my design and also helped me to keep eye contact with the audience.

one thing I noticed while presenting my pitch is that I looked at my own slide too much. the reason for this is because I did not have any notes and I was using it as a reminder to what I had to talk about. to fix this I will need to focus more on the audience and memorise the order of the slides and make sure I understand what I need to be talking about. if I wanted to improve my presentation I would need to stop looking at the presentation and look at the audience more. this would make me seem more professional while pitching my game and would make me seem more confident when talking.

another good thing I noticed about my pitch is that I was fairly quick at answering questions and when I didn't know the answer to a question I managed to give a clear and professional answer explaining why I couldn't answer the question this means I didn't just explain with I don't know but instead gave a reason to why I don't know. this is good when pitching a game as it shows that I have thought about it and makes me sound more confident. if I had replied with I don't know I would not look very professional.

while we where pitching our games we had to look professional. to do this I wore a smart shirt and tie. this helped me pitch my game as it made me more confident and made me look more professional. I think I managed to dress professionally during my pitch and don't think I could have done anything else to improve the way I dressed

something I didn't do in my game pitch was use the correct terminology consistently. to improve this I could do more research on the topic. if I had used the correct terminology I would have sounded more confident about the topic.

after pitching my game idea people told me that i did not speak loud enough during the end of my pitch. speaking loudly is one of the most important things to do while pitching a game as you need to sound clear so people can easily understand what you are talking about and do not miss any important information. to improve this next time i should focus on speaking loudly and make sure i face the people listening rather than looking at the board. this will make it easier for people to listen and will ensure they do not miss any important information.

summary

over all I achieved a pass for my game pitch. the thing that stopped me from achieving the merit was I did not use terminology consistently. if I did the pitch again I would use more terminology and use it consistently. to make sure I use the terminology consistently I could make a list of all the terminology or I could do more research on the subject. an example of some terminology I did not use consistently was NPC. this is the word that we where meant to use to describe any character the player could not control. instead of using the word NPC I used the word enemy.




No comments:

Post a Comment